Here are five renovations you can make to sell your home for more.
I speak to a lot of homeowners who aren’t necessarily ready to move yet, but they want to upgrade their houses. If you are one of these homeowners, what renovations should you make to get your money back when you sell? Today I’ll give you my top five remodels to consider if you’re planning on moving in the next couple of years:
1. Landscaping. This one is usually inexpensive, and it goes a long way. Trimming your trees, cutting your grass, and updating your walkways are all good ways to make your home pop from the street.
2. Make your home feel open. Everyone likes a bright home, especially buyers. Adding windows will make your home feel more open, and so will smaller furniture and a bright, neutral coat of paint.
3. Add a home office. During the pandemic, a lot of buyers started to work from home. Office space is a must-have for these buyers, so consider renovating a room you don’t use into an office.
4. Improving your decking. If your wood is old or your handles are shaky, consider updating your outside space. You may also want to power wash or treat your deck.
5. Upgrading your kitchen and bathrooms. I saved this one for last because you can spend a lot of money updating these if you aren’t careful. Before you update these areas, consider how long you want to stay in your current house. If you don’t plan on spending a ton of money, you can always do simple things, such as painting the cabinets a lighter color.
This was a lot of information, so if you have any questions, please reach out to me or my team. You can call us at 919-675-9967 or email us at Terrence@RaleighsBestAgent.com. We look forward to hearing from you!